Daniel Jackson Reese
Allen Bradley Touchscreen Programming, April 2010
ANSYS Advanced Finite Element Analysis, October, 2007
Allen Bradley Intermediate & Advanced PLC Programming, April, 2006
SME Die and Stamping Certificate Program September, 2005
Systems Engineering, Cal Tech Extension, Santa Barbara. October, 2003
B.S. Mechanical Engineering, University of California, Santa Barbara. June, 1997
CarmelHigh School, with honors, June 1993
Lifetime Member, CA Scholarship Federation
OWNER – REESE ENGINEERING INC. – Santa Barbara, CA 1993 – Present
- High quality computer-aided engineering, custom machinery design, tooling design, industrial automation, and prototype & production fabrication. www.ReeseEngineering.com
Senior Manufacturing Engineer Engineering & Facilities Manager 6/2005 – 3/2012
· Intri-Plex Technologies, Inc. Ultra-Precision, High Volume Stamping, Goleta, CA
Provide production engineering management for a company that produces over 10 million ultra-precision stamped computer and medical parts per week. Specify, procure, repair, or design and build from scratch any manual or automated machinery needed to support production. Assist in coordinating the start-up of an identical 10,000 sqft manufacturing facility in Bangkok, Thailand. Also currently acting as Facilities Manager, Member of IPT Safety Committee, and Industrial Training Supervisor.
Mechanical Engineering Department Manager/Co Owner 4/2004 – 6/2005
· Pro Pack Systems, Inc. Packaging Machinery, Salinas, CA
Design, prototype, test, and manufacture computer controlled machinery solutions for agricultural markets.
Develop custom high-speed automated equipment to handle value-added salad, vegetables, fruits, nuts, wine, meat, and poultry.
Mechanical Engineering Manager- Thermal Vacuum Lab 11/2001 – 4/2004
· Raytheon Santa Barbara Remote Sensing Division, Goleta, CA
Develop, configure, schedule, setup, and execute 24-7 Thermal Vacuum Testing for Space Flight Hardware. Build, modify, and adapt: parts, chambers, and structures as needed to support Thermal Vacuum testing. Program Data Acquisition Systems, Chart Recorders, Temp Controllers, PLCs, and other electro-mechanical devices. Observe and enforce Raytheon’s Military Security Practices. Trained in the following areas:
Crane Operation, Rigging, Forklift Operation, Confined Space, Class 1000 Cleanroom Dress & Practices,
ESD training, Helium Leak Checking, Liquid Nitrogen Storage, Handling, Ordering, Usage, and Hazards
Emergency Response, BLS CPR/AED, HAZ MAT
Performed on-the-job emergency repairs that often required Machining, Welding, and Quick Thinking!
Mechanical Design, Manufacturing, and Test Engineer 7/1997 – 11/2001
· Delco/Litton/Northrop Guidance & Control Systems Space & Launch Division, Santa Barbara, CA.
CNC Lathe and Mill Prototype Machinist / CAD Operator 8/1996 – 2/1997
· Stratos Sports/OnSport Santa Barbara, CA.
CNC Lathe and Mill Operator • BurnetN.C. Manufacturing, Goleta, CA. 1995 – 1996
Operation of computer controlled lathes and milling machines, parts checking for tolerances, and deburring.
Intermittent Paid Call Fire Fighter • Carmel Fire Department, Carmel, CA. 1992 – 1999
Fire suppression, public education, Emergency Medical Response, and other public duties.
Mechanical Engineer Assistant • Monterey Energy Group, Monterey, CA. Summer 1994
Drafting work for in-floor and conventional heating systems, CAD instruction, and computer maintenance.
COMPUTER SKILLS/SPECIAL TRAINING
CAD/Design Programs: SolidWorks, ProEngineer, AutoCAD, CadKey, DataCAD, Working Model 3D
Numerical Analysis/Programming: ANSYS, MS Excel, Matlab, Fortran, Basic, PLC Ladder Logic
Web Design/Graphics: Photoshop 5.5, DreamWeaver, Flash 5 Animator, Raw HTML Coding
Word Processing and other Computer-Related Skills: MS Word, WordPerfect, MS Outlook, PowerPoint
Experienced Internet User: Explorer and Netscape, Computer Hardware Installation and Setup skills.
• UCSB Engineering Guest Lecturer, Proper Design & Considerations for Manufacturing
• UCSB Engineering Guest Lecturer, Introduction to Automated Machinery Design
• Design, Machining, Fabrication, Prototype Engineering & Machine Shop Owner
• Automotive Restoration/Special Vehicle Construction, Engine & Transmission rebuilding
• On/Off-Road Race Driving, AutoX, Rallies, Jamborees, Off-road Camping
• MontereyCounty Science Fair 1991 Grand Prize Winner – Space Camp: Huntsville, AL
• Skiing/Snowboarding, Backpacking, Hiking, Rollerblading, Mountain Biking, Racquetball, SCUBA
• Carpentry/Woodworking, Cooking
SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS
· Extensive hands-on metalworking, machining, welding, and fabrication experience
· Excellent people skills, management, interpersonal adaptation, and attitude integration
· Ability to work well under pressure and handle multiple unrelated tasks
· Highly motivated; work well both independently and as part of a team
· Fast learner; quickly absorb and utilize new methods
· Highly computer literate – covering a multitude of fields